Bond was denied last week for a Philadelphia man charged with murder in connection with the May 20 shooting death of another man whose body was found beside a gravel road near Northside Park.

Municipal Court Judge Steve Cumberland denied bond for Samuel Amos, 40, of 521 Valley View Dr., last Wednesday during a hearing at the Neshoba County Jail.

Cumberland initially said the hearing for Amos was to be in the municipal courtroom at City Hall but was changed to the jail. He would not speculate on why officials changed the location of the hearing.

April Brown, 35, of 521 Valley View Dr., who was also charged with accessory after the fact, had her bond set for $100,000. She remained in the jail on Monday.

They are charged in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Marquai Ne'Ontae Kirkland, whose body was found by a passerby on Tuesday, May 20, shortly before 6 p.m.

Neshoba County County Medical Examiner Allen Collins said while an exact time of death could not be determined, Kirkland died sometime that day.

Philadelphia Police Chief Grant Myers said a warrant to search the Valley View Drive residence where Amos and Brown lived was executed Thursday, May 23, by Philadelphia Police and the state Bureau of Investigation.

"A 2002 Ford Explorer was seized from the residence along with items believed to be of evidential value," Myers said.

The vehicle was processed by a forensic scientist with the state Bureau of Investigation, the chief said.

"That evidence, along with evidence recovered Tuesday night [May 20] and throughout the investigation, led to the two arrests," he said.

The Ford Explorer, which has a missing window on the passenger side, was sought by police early in the investigation, Myers said. It was registered to Brown.

Anyone with additional information was asked to call the PD at 601-656-2131 or Crime Stoppers at 1-855-485-8477.

Kirkland, of 424 Evergreen St., was charged in 2013 with the attempted murder of a man. In 2010 he received three indictments for burglary of a motor vehicle. He began serving six years in July 2010.