A house on Road 4312 was destroyed in an early morning fire Saturday, leaving a family of seven in need of basic life essentials.
A house on Road 4312 was destroyed in an early morning fire Saturday, leaving a family of seven in need of basic life essentials.
One person was injured in a fire which destroyed a house on Road 4312 early Saturday morning leaving the family of seven in need of shoes, clothes and other life essentials.

House Volunteer Fire Department Chief Richelle Alexander said the cause of the 2 a.m. blaze is still under investigation.

David Creekmore, the homeowner, was injured in the fire and taken by ambulance to Neshoba County General Hospital and later transferred to a burn center, Chief Alexander said.

“All other injuries were minor,” she said. “They lost everything in the house.”

Tucker and County Line volunteer fire departments also responded.

The family members, ranging in age from 78 to 7, need shoes, pants, shirts and under garments as well as school supplies for the young children.

Anyone wishing to donate may call 601-678-7205 or 601-692-3021.